- 1. mislead, misdirect, misguide, lead astray, lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions; "The pedestrian misdirected the out-of-town driver"
- 2. misinform, mislead, inform
- usage: give false or misleading information to
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deceptive, misleading, shoddy, dishonest (vs. honest), dishonorable
- usage: designed to deceive or mislead either deliberately or inadvertently; "the deceptive calm in the eye of the storm"; "deliberately deceptive packaging"; "a misleading similarity"; "statistics can be presented in ways that are misleading"; "shoddy business practices"
All rights reserved.
See also: misleading (Dictionary)