- 1. scruple, qualm, misgiving, anxiety
- usage: uneasiness about the fitness of an action
- 2. apprehension, misgiving, expectation, outlook, prospect
- usage: painful expectation
- 3. misgiving, mistrust, distrust, suspicion, doubt, uncertainty, incertitude, dubiety, doubtfulness, dubiousness
- usage: doubt about someone's honesty
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. misgive, worry, vex
- usage: suggest fear or doubt; "Her heart misgave her that she had acted inexcusably"
All rights reserved.
See also: misgiving (Dictionary)