WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. mislead, misdirect, misguide, lead astray, lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions; "The pedestrian misdirected the out-of-town driver"
- 3. misdirect, misaddress, address, direct
- usage: put a wrong address on; "misdirect the letter"
All rights reserved.
See also: misdirect (Dictionary)