Synonyms of minute
- 1. minute, min, time unit, unit of time
- usage: a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour; "he ran a 4 minute mile"
- 2. moment, mo, minute, second, bit, time
- usage: an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
- 3. moment, minute, second, instant, point, point in time
- usage: a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
- 4. minute, arcminute, minute of arc, angular unit
- usage: a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree
- 5. minute, note
- usage: a short note; "the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"
- 6. hour, minute, distance
- usage: distance measured by the time taken to cover it; "we live an hour from the airport"; "its just 10 minutes away"
- 1. infinitesimal, minute, small (vs. large), little (vs. big)
- usage: infinitely or immeasurably small; "two minute whiplike threads of protoplasm"; "reduced to a microscopic scale"
- 2. minute, narrow, careful (vs. careless)
- usage: characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination; "a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of minute (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.