- 1. small letter, lowercase, lower-case letter, minuscule, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: the characters that were once kept in bottom half of a compositor's type case
- 2. minuscule, longhand, running hand, cursive, cursive script
- usage: a small cursive script developed from uncial between the 7th and 9th centuries and used in medieval manuscripts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. minuscule (vs. majuscule), minuscular, lowercase
- usage: of or relating to a small cursive script developed from uncial; 7th to 9th centuries
- 2. little, minuscule, small, lowercase (vs. uppercase)
- usage: lowercase; "little a"; "small a"; "e.e.cummings's poetry is written all in minuscule letters"
- 3. minuscule, miniscule, small (vs. large), little (vs. big)
- usage: very small; "a minuscule kitchen"; "a minuscule amount of rain fell"
All rights reserved.
See also: minuscule (Dictionary)