- 1. curate, minister of religion, minister, parson, pastor, rector, clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth
- usage: a person authorized to conduct religious worship; "clergymen are usually called ministers in Protestant churches"
- 2. minister, government minister, executive, executive director
- usage: a person appointed to a high office in the government; "Minister of Finance"
- 3. minister, diplomatic minister, diplomat, diplomatist
- usage: a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
- 4. minister, public service
- usage: the job of a head of a government department
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. minister, attend, take care, look, see
- usage: attend to the wants and needs of others; "I have to minister to my mother all the time"
- 2. minister, work
- usage: work as a minister; "She is ministering in an old parish"
All rights reserved.
See also: minister (Dictionary)