- 1. mince, soften, moderate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- 2. mince, walk
- usage: walk daintily; "She minced down the street"
- 3. mince, chop, chop up
- usage: cut into small pieces; "mince the garlic"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dainty, mincing, niminy-piminy, prim, twee, refined (vs. unrefined)
- usage: affectedly dainty or refined
All rights reserved.
See also: mincing (Dictionary)