WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. albatross, millstone, hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap
- usage: (figurative) something that hinders or handicaps; "she was an albatross around his neck"
- 2. millstone, load, loading, burden
- usage: any load that is difficult to carry
- 3. millstone, stone
- usage: one of a pair of heavy flat disk-shaped stones that are rotated against one another to grind the grain
All rights reserved.
See also: millstone (Dictionary)