- 1. militant, activist, reformer, reformist, crusader, social reformer, meliorist
- usage: a militant reformer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. militant, hawkish, warlike, unpeaceful (vs. peaceful)
- usage: disposed to warfare or hard-line policies; "militant nations"; "hawkish congressman"; "warlike policies"
- 2. competitive, militant, aggressive (vs. unaggressive)
- usage: showing a fighting disposition; "highly competitive sales representative"; "militant in fighting for better wages for workers"; "his self-assertive and ubiquitous energy"
- 3. belligerent, militant, war-ridden, warring, unpeaceful (vs. peaceful)
- usage: engaged in war; "belligerent (or warring) nations"
All rights reserved.
See also: militant (Dictionary)