WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Michigan, Wolverine State, Great Lakes State, MI
- usage: a midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region
- 2. Lake Michigan, Michigan
- usage: the 3rd largest of the Great Lakes; the largest freshwater lake entirely within the United States borders
- 3. Michigan, Chicago, Newmarket, boodle, stops, card game, cards
- usage: a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card matching one in the layout wins all the chips on that card
All rights reserved.
See also: michigan (Dictionary)