WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. meter, metre, m, metric linear unit
- usage: the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- 2. meter, metre, measure, beat, cadence, poetic rhythm, rhythmic pattern, prosody
- usage: (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- 3. meter, metre, time, rhythmicity
- usage: rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
All rights reserved.
See also: metre (Dictionary)