WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. metamorphosis, metabolism, organic process, biological process
- usage: the marked and rapid transformation of a larva into an adult that occurs in some animals
- 2. transfiguration, metamorphosis, revision, alteration
- usage: a striking change in appearance or character or circumstances; "the metamorphosis of the old house into something new and exciting"
- 3. metamorphosis, transformation, translation
- usage: a complete change of physical form or substance especially as by magic or witchcraft
All rights reserved.
See also: metamorphosis (Dictionary)