- 1. metallic, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a fabric made of a yarn that is partly or entirely of metal
- 2. metallic, thread, yarn
- usage: a yarn made partly or entirely of metal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. metallic (vs. nonmetallic), metal(prenominal), all-metal, aluminiferous, antimonial, argentiferous, auriferous, gold-bearing, bimetal, bimetallic, bronze, gold, golden, gilded, metallike, metal-looking, metallic-looking, silver, tinny
- usage: containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
All rights reserved.
See also: metallic (Dictionary)