WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mercury, quicksilver, hydrargyrum, Hg, atomic number 80, metallic element, metal
- usage: a heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element; the only metal that is liquid at ordinary temperatures
- 2. Mercury
- usage: (Roman mythology) messenger of Jupiter and god of commerce; counterpart of Greek Hermes
- 3. Mercury
- usage: the smallest planet and the nearest to the sun
- 4. mercury, temperature
- usage: temperature measured by a mercury thermometer; "the mercury was falling rapidly"
All rights reserved.
See also: mercury (Dictionary)