WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. erratic, fickle, mercurial, quicksilver(prenominal), changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior"; "fickle weather"; "mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next"
- 2. Mercurial
- usage: relating to or under the (astrological) influence of the planet Mercury; "the Mercurial canals"
- 3. Mercurial
- usage: relating to or having characteristics (eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, thievishness) attributed to the god Mercury; "more than Mercurial thievishness"
- 4. mercurial
- usage: relating to or containing or caused by mercury; "mercurial preparations"; "mercurial sore mouth"
All rights reserved.
See also: mercurial (Dictionary)