- 1. mention, reference, remark, comment, input
- usage: a remark that calls attention to something or someone; "she made frequent mention of her promotion"; "there was no mention of it"; "the speaker made several references to his wife"
- 2. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- 3. mention, honorable mention, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: an official recognition of merit; "although he didn't win the prize he did get special mention"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer, think of, have in mind, mean
- usage: make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- 2. note, observe, mention, remark, state, say, tell
- usage: make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- 3. mention, cite, notice, acknowledge
- usage: commend; "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
All rights reserved.
See also: mention (Dictionary)