WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amelioration, melioration, betterment, improvement
- usage: the act of relieving ills and changing for the better
- 2. improvement, melioration, condition, status
- usage: a condition superior to an earlier condition; "the new school represents a great improvement"
- 3. melioration, drift
- usage: the linguistic process in which over a period of time a word grows more positive in connotation or more elevated in meaning
All rights reserved.
See also: melioration (Dictionary)