Synonyms of meeting
- 1. meeting, group meeting, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a formally arranged gathering; "next year the meeting will be in Chicago"; "the meeting elected a chairperson"
- 2. meeting, get together, social gathering, social affair
- usage: a small informal social gathering; "there was an informal meeting in my living room"
- 3. meeting, encounter, convergence
- usage: a casual or unexpected convergence; "he still remembers their meeting in Paris"; "there was a brief encounter in the hallway"
- 4. meeting, coming together, assembly, assemblage, gathering
- usage: the social act of assembling for some common purpose; "his meeting with the salesmen was the high point of his day"
- 5. merging, meeting, coming together, convergence, converging, convergency
- usage: the act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly"; "there was no meeting of minds"
- 6. confluence, meeting, geographic point, geographical point
- usage: a place where things merge or flow together (especially rivers); "Pittsburgh is located at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers"
- 1. meet, run into, encounter, run across, come across, see
- usage: come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
- 2. meet, get together
- usage: get together socially or for a specific purpose
- 3. converge, meet
- usage: be adjacent or come together; "The lines converge at this point"
- 4. meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: fill or meet a want or need
- 5. meet, fit, conform to, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: satisfy a condition or restriction; "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
- 6. meet, match, cope with, cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage
- usage: satisfy or fulfill; "meet a need"; "this job doesn't match my dreams"
- 7. meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather, interact
- usage: collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
- 8. meet
- usage: get to know; get acquainted with; "I met this really handsome guy at a bar last night!"; "we met in Singapore"
- 9. meet, meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
- usage: meet by design; be present at the arrival of; "Can you meet me at the train station?"
- 10. meet, encounter, play, take on
- usage: contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
- 11. meet, encounter, receive, have, experience
- usage: experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
- 12. suffer, meet, experience, see, go through
- usage: undergo or suffer; "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
- 13. touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of meeting (Dictionary)