Synonyms of medulla
- 1. myelin, myeline, medulla, fat
- usage: a white fatty substance that forms a medullary sheath around the axis cylinder of some nerve fibers
- 2. medulla oblongata, medulla, bulb, neural structure
- usage: lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata); "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
- 3. medulla, animal tissue, plant tissue
- usage: the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of medulla (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.