Synonyms of medium
- 1. medium, instrumentality, instrumentation
- usage: a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- 2. medium, environment, environs, surroundings, surround
- usage: the surrounding environment; "fish require an aqueous medium"
- 3. medium, communication, communicating
- usage: an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
- 4. culture medium, medium, food, nutrient
- usage: (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
- 5. medium, liquid
- usage: a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
- 6. medium, substance
- usage: (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
- 7. medium, substance
- usage: an intervening substance through which something is achieved; "the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- 8. medium, state
- usage: a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position; "a happy medium"
- 9. medium, spiritualist, sensitive, psychic
- usage: someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead; "he consulted several mediums"
- 10. medium, mass medium, transmission
- usage: (usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
- 11. metier, medium, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: an occupation for which you are especially well suited; "in law he found his true metier"
- 1. average, intermediate, medium, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
- 2. medium, cooked (vs. raw)
- usage: (meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of medium (Dictionary)