WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mediocre, second-rate, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
- 2. average, fair, mediocre, middling, ordinary (vs. extraordinary)
- usage: lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best"
- 3. mediocre, bad (vs. good)
- usage: poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"
All rights reserved.
See also: mediocre (Dictionary)