WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mendelevium, Md, Mv, atomic number 101, chemical element, element
- usage: a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding einsteinium with alpha particles (Md is the current symbol for mendelevium but Mv was formerly the symbol)
- 2. doctor, doc, physician, MD, Dr., medico, medical practitioner, medical man
- usage: a licensed medical practitioner; "I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
- 3. Maryland, Old Line State, Free State, MD
- usage: a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- 4. Doctor of Medicine, MD, doctor's degree, doctorate
- usage: a doctor's degree in medicine
All rights reserved.
See also: md (Dictionary)