Synonyms of mature
- 1. mature, maturate, grow, develop
- usage: develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation; "He matured fast"; "The child grew fast"
- 2. mature, explicate, formulate, develop
- usage: develop and work out fully in one's mind; "I need to mature my thoughts"
- 3. mature, change
- usage: become due for repayment; "These bonds mature in 2005"
- 4. ripen, mature, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to ripen or develop fully; "The sun ripens the fruit"; "Age matures a good wine"
- 5. senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate, develop
- usage: grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
- 6. suppurate, mature, draw
- usage: cause to ripen and discharge pus; "The oil suppurates the pustules"
- 1. mature (vs. immature), autumnal, mellow, mellowed, ripe
- usage: characteristic of maturity; "mature for her age"
- 2. mature, matured, developed (vs. undeveloped)
- usage: fully considered and perfected; "mature plans"
- 3. mature (vs. immature), adult, big, full-grown, fully grown, grown, grownup, abloom, efflorescent, fruiting, full-blown, matured, headed, marriageable, nubile, overblown, prime, meridian, old
- usage: having reached full natural growth or development; "a mature cell"
- 4. ripe (vs. green), mature, aged, ripened, mellow, mellowed, overripe
- usage: fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used; "ripe peaches"; "full-bodied mature wines"
- 5. fledged (vs. unfledged), mature, fledgling(prenominal), fledgeling(prenominal), full-fledged, fully fledged
- usage: (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mature (Dictionary)