Synonyms of matter of fact
- 1. question of fact, matter of fact, question, head
- usage: a disputed factual contention that is generally left for a jury to decide
- 2. matter of fact, fact
- usage: a matter that is an actual fact or is demonstrable as a fact
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. matter-of-fact, prosaic, unrhetorical (vs. rhetorical)
- usage: not fanciful or imaginative; "local guides describe the history of various places in matter-of-fact tones"; "a prosaic and unimaginative essay"
- 2. matter-of-fact, pragmatic, pragmatical, practical (vs. impractical)
- usage: concerned with practical matters; "a matter-of-fact (or pragmatic) approach to the problem"; "a matter-of-fact account of the trip"
All rights reserved.