usage: an exact duplicate; "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
6. match, mate, duplicate, duplication
usage: one of a pair; "he lost the mate to his shoe"; "one eye was blue but its fellow was brown"
7. mate, fellow, singleton
usage: South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea
8. mate, Paraguay tea, Ilex paraguariensis, holly
usage: informal term for a friend of the same sex
9. mate, friend
usage: South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
10. mate, beverage, drink, drinkable, potable
usage: a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
1. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"