Synonyms of maternal
- 1. maternal (vs. paternal), maternalistic, motherlike, motherly, matriarchal
- usage: characteristic of a mother; "warm maternal affection for her guest"- Dorothy Sayers
- 2. maternal
- usage: relating to or derived from one's mother; "maternal genes"
- 3. parental (vs. filial), maternal, paternal
- usage: relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent; "parental guidance"
- 4. enate, enatic, maternal(predicate), related (vs. unrelated)
- usage: related on the mother's side; "my maternal grandmother"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of maternal (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.