- 1. mat, floor cover, floor covering
- usage: a thick flat pad used as a floor covering
- 2. mat, matting, mounting
- usage: mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
- 3. mat, gym mat, sports equipment
- usage: sports equipment consisting of a piece of thick padding on the floor for gymnastic sports
- 4. mat, mass
- usage: a mass that is densely tangled or interwoven; "a mat of weeds and grass"
- 5. Master of Arts in Teaching, MAT, master's degree
- usage: a master's degree in teaching
- 6. flatness, lusterlessness, lustrelessness, mat, matt, matte, dullness
- usage: the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
- 7. mat, pad
- usage: a small pad of material that is used to protect surface from an object placed on it
- 1. entangle, tangle, mat, snarl, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
- 2. felt, felt up, mat up, matt-up, matte up, matte, mat, change
- usage: change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flat, mat, matt, matte, matted, dull (vs. bright)
- usage: not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
All rights reserved.
See also: mat (Dictionary)