WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. command, control, mastery, skillfulness
- usage: great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity; "a good command of French"
- 2. domination, mastery, supremacy, dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control
- usage: power to dominate or defeat; "mastery of the seas"
- 3. mastery, subordination, domination
- usage: the act of mastering or subordinating someone
All rights reserved.
See also: mastery (Dictionary)