- 1. Martial
- usage: Roman poet noted for epigrams (first century BC)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. soldierly, soldierlike, warriorlike, martial, military (vs. unmilitary)
- usage: (of persons) befitting a warrior; "a military bearing"
- 2. warlike, martial, military (vs. unmilitary)
- usage: suggesting war or military life
- 3. martial(prenominal), military (vs. civilian)
- usage: of or relating to the armed forces; "martial law"
All rights reserved.
See also: martial (Dictionary)