- 1. marshal, marshall, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law
- 2. marshal, marshall, commissioned military officer
- usage: (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marshal, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place in proper rank; "marshal the troops"
- 2. marshal, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in logical order; "marshal facts or arguments"
- 3. mobilize, mobilise, marshal, summon, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: make ready for action or use; "marshal resources"
- 4. marshal, usher, show
- usage: lead ceremoniously, as in a procession
All rights reserved.
See also: marshal (Dictionary)