WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marriage, matrimony, union, spousal relationship, wedlock, marital status
- usage: the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce); "a long and happy marriage"; "God bless this union"
- 2. marriage, married couple, man and wife, family, family unit
- usage: two people who are married to each other; "his second marriage was happier than the first"; "a married couple without love"
- 3. marriage, wedding, marriage ceremony, ritual, rite
- usage: the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony; "their marriage was conducted in the chapel"
- 4. marriage, union, unification
- usage: a close and intimate union; "the marriage of music and dance"; "a marriage of ideas"
All rights reserved.
See also: marriage (Dictionary)