Synonyms of marooned
- 1. maroon, strand, abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
- usage: leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue; "the travellers were marooned"
- 2. maroon, isolate, insulate
- usage: leave stranded on a desert island without resources; "The mutinous sailors were marooned on an island"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. isolated, marooned, stranded, unaccompanied (vs. accompanied)
- usage: cut off or left behind; "an isolated pawn"; "several stranded fish in a tide pool"; "travelers marooned by the blizzard"
All rights reserved.