Synonyms of maroon
- 1. maroon, unfortunate, unfortunate person
- usage: a person who is stranded (as on an island); "when the tide came in I was a maroon out there"
- 2. maroon, purplish red, purplish-red
- usage: a dark purplish-red to dark brownish-red color
- 3. maroon, firework, pyrotechnic
- usage: an exploding firework used as a warning signal
- 1. maroon, strand, abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
- usage: leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue; "the travellers were marooned"
- 2. maroon, isolate, insulate
- usage: leave stranded on a desert island without resources; "The mutinous sailors were marooned on an island"
- 1. maroon, brownish-red, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of dark brownish to purplish red
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of maroon (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.