- 1. selling, merchandising, marketing, commerce, commercialism, mercantilism
- usage: the exchange of goods for an agreed sum of money
- 2. marketing, commerce, commercialism, mercantilism
- usage: the commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service; "most companies have a manager in charge of marketing"
- 3. marketing, shopping
- usage: shopping at a market; "does the weekly marketing at the supermarket"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. market, trade, merchandise
- usage: engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of; "The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
- 2. market, shop
- usage: buy household supplies; "We go marketing every Saturday"
- 3. market, deal, sell, trade
- usage: deal in a market
- 4. commercialize, commercialise, market, change, alter, modify
- usage: make commercial; "Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
All rights reserved.
See also: marketing (Dictionary)