- 1. market, marketplace, market place, activity
- usage: the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold; "without competition there would be no market"; "they were driven from the marketplace"
- 2. market, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: the customers for a particular product or service; "before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
- 3. grocery store, grocery, food market, market, marketplace, market place, mart, market
- usage: a marketplace where groceries are sold; "the grocery store included a meat market"
- 4. market, securities industry, industry
- usage: the securities markets in the aggregate; "the market always frustrates the small investor"
- 5. marketplace, market place, mart, market, mercantile establishment, retail store, sales outlet, outlet
- usage: an area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. market, trade, merchandise
- usage: engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of; "The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
- 2. market, shop
- usage: buy household supplies; "We go marketing every Saturday"
- 3. market, deal, sell, trade
- usage: deal in a market
- 4. commercialize, commercialise, market, change, alter, modify
- usage: make commercial; "Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
All rights reserved.
See also: market (Dictionary)