WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. margin, border, perimeter, boundary, edge, bound
- usage: the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
- 2. margin, amount
- usage: an amount beyond the minimum necessary; "the margin of victory"
- 3. margin, security deposit, down payment, deposit
- usage: the amount of collateral a customer deposits with a broker when borrowing from the broker to buy securities
- 4. gross profit, gross profit margin, margin, net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings
- usage: (finance) the net sales minus the cost of goods and services sold
- 5. margin, space, blank space, place
- usage: the blank space that surrounds the text on a page; "he jotted a note in the margin"
- 6. allowance, leeway, margin, tolerance, discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance
- usage: a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
All rights reserved.
See also: margin (Dictionary)