Synonyms of marching
- 1. march, marching, walk, walking
- usage: the act of marching; walking with regular steps (especially in a procession of some kind); "it was a long march"; "we heard the sound of marching"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. march, process, walk
- usage: march in a procession; "They processed into the dining room"
- 2. march, walk
- usage: force to march; "The Japanese marched their prisoners through Manchuria"
- 3. march, walk
- usage: walk fast, with regular or measured steps; walk with a stride; "He marched into the classroom and announced the exam"; "The soldiers marched across the border"
- 4. demonstrate, march, protest, resist, dissent
- usage: march in protest; take part in a demonstration; "Thousands demonstrated against globalization during the meeting of the most powerful economic nations in Seattle"
- 5. parade, exhibit, march, walk
- usage: walk ostentatiously; "She parades her new husband around town"
- 6. march, walk
- usage: cause to march or go at a marching pace; "They marched the mules into the desert"
- 7. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
All rights reserved.