- 1. manly (vs. unmanly), manful, manlike, man-sized, masculine
- usage: possessing qualities befitting a man
- 2. male, manful, manlike, manly, virile, masculine (vs. feminine)
- usage: characteristic of a man; "a deep male voice"; "manly sports"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. manfully, manly
- usage: in a manful manner; with qualities thought to befit a man; "having said her say Peggy manfully shouldered her burden and prepared to break up yet another home"
All rights reserved.
See also: manly (Dictionary)