WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cassava, cassava starch, manioc, manioca, starch, amylum
- usage: a starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant; the source of tapioca; a staple food in the tropics
- 2. cassava, manioc, root
- usage: cassava root eaten as a staple food after drying and leaching; source of tapioca
- 3. bitter cassava, manioc, mandioc, mandioca, tapioca plant, gari, Manihot esculenta, Manihot utilissima, cassava, casava
- usage: cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems; used especially to make cassiri (an intoxicating drink) and tapioca
All rights reserved.
See also: manioc (Dictionary)