- 1. mandatary, mandatory, recipient, receiver
- usage: the recipient of a mandate
- 2. mandate, mandatory, district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion
- usage: a territory surrendered by Turkey or Germany after World War I and put under the tutelage of some other European power until they are able to stand by themselves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compulsory, mandatory, required, obligatory (vs. optional)
- usage: required by rule; "in most schools physical education is compulsory"; "attendance is mandatory"; "required reading"
All rights reserved.
See also: mandatory (Dictionary)