WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Manchu, Tungusic
- usage: a member of the Manchu speaking people of Mongolian race of Manchuria; related to the Tungus; conquered China in the 17th century
- 2. Qing, Qing dynasty, Ch'ing, Ch'ing dynasty, Manchu, Manchu dynasty, dynasty
- usage: the last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries; during the Qing dynasty China was ruled by the Manchu
- 3. Manchu, Tungusic, Tungusic language
- usage: the Tungusic language spoken by the Manchu
All rights reserved.
See also: manchu (Dictionary)