Synonyms of man
- 1. man, adult male, male, male person, adult, grownup
- usage: an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman); "there were two women and six men on the bus"
- 2. serviceman, military man, man, military personnel, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force; "two men stood sentry duty"
- 3. man, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: the generic use of the word to refer to any human being; "it was every man for himself"
- 4. homo, man, human being, human, hominid
- usage: any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- 5. man, subordinate, subsidiary, underling, foot soldier
- usage: a male subordinate; "the chief stationed two men outside the building"; "he awaited word from his man in Havana"
- 6. man, male, male person
- usage: an adult male person who has a manly character (virile and courageous competent); "the army will make a man of you"
- 7. valet, valet de chambre, gentleman, gentleman's gentleman, man, manservant, body servant
- usage: a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer; "Jeeves was Bertie Wooster's man"
- 8. man, male, male person, lover
- usage: a male person who plays a significant role (husband or lover or boyfriend) in the life of a particular woman; "she takes good care of her man"
- 9. Man, Isle of Man
- usage: one of the British Isles in the Irish Sea
- 10. man, piece, game equipment
- usage: game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- 11. world, human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind, man, homo, man, human being, human, group, grouping
- usage: all of the living human inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
- 1. man, work, do work
- usage: take charge of a certain job; occupy a certain work place; "Mr. Smith manned the reception desk in the morning"
- 2. man, staff
- usage: provide with workers; "We cannot man all the desks"; "Students were manning the booths"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of man (Dictionary)