- 1. Maltese, European
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Malta
- 2. Maltese, Maltese language, Malti, Semitic
- usage: the national language of the Republic of Malta; a Semitic language derived from Arabic but with many loan words from Italian, Spanish, and Norman-French
- 3. Maltese, Maltese cat, domestic cat, house cat, Felis domesticus, Felis catus
- usage: a term applied indiscriminately in the United States to any short-haired bluish-grey cat
- 4. Maltese dog, Maltese terrier, Maltese, toy dog, toy
- usage: breed of toy dogs having a long straight silky white coat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Maltese
- usage: of or relating to the island or republic of Malta or its inhabitants; "Maltese customs officers"
All rights reserved.
See also: maltese (Dictionary)