Synonyms of make believe
- 1. pretense, pretence, make-believe, imagination, imaging, imagery, mental imagery
- usage: imaginative intellectual play
- 2. make-believe, pretend, pretense, pretence, pretending, simulation, feigning
- usage: the enactment of a pretense; "it was just pretend"
- 1. make, pretend, make believe, act, play, represent
- usage: represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like; "She makes like an actress"
- 1. make-believe, pretend, unreal (vs. real)
- usage: imagined as in a play; "the make-believe world of theater"; "play money"; "dangling their legs in the water to catch pretend fish"
All rights reserved.