- 1. main, briny, body of water, water
- usage: any very large body of (salt) water
- 2. main, pipe, pipage, piping
- usage: a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chief(prenominal), main(prenominal), primary(prenominal), principal(prenominal), master(prenominal), important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: most important element; "the chief aim of living"; "the main doors were of solid glass"; "the principal rivers of America"; "the principal example"; "policemen were primary targets"; "the master bedroom"; "a master switch"
- 2. independent (vs. dependent), main(prenominal)
- usage: (of a clause) capable of standing syntactically alone as a complete sentence; "the main (or independent) clause in a complex sentence has at least a subject and a verb"
- 3. main(prenominal), intense (vs. mild)
- usage: of force; of the greatest possible intensity; "by main strength"
All rights reserved.
See also: main (Dictionary)