WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. magazine, mag, press, public press, publication
- usage: a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it; "it takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
- 2. magazine, product, production
- usage: product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object; "tripped over a pile of magazines"
- 3. magazine, magazine publisher, publisher, publishing house, publishing firm, publishing company
- usage: a business firm that publishes magazines; "he works for a magazine"
- 4. magazine, cartridge, supply chamber
- usage: a light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
- 5. magazine, powder store, powder magazine, storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store
- usage: a storehouse (as a compartment on a warship) where weapons and ammunition are stored
- 6. cartridge holder, cartridge clip, clip, magazine, supply chamber
- usage: a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
All rights reserved.
See also: magazine (Dictionary)