WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Mafia, Maffia, Cosa Nostra, syndicate, crime syndicate, mob, family
- usage: a crime syndicate in the United States; organized in families; believed to have important relations to the Sicilian Mafia
- 2. Mafia, Maffia, Sicilian Mafia, organized crime, gangland, gangdom
- usage: a secret terrorist group in Sicily; originally opposed tyranny but evolved into a criminal organization in the middle of the 19th century
- 3. mafia, maffia, clique, coterie, ingroup, inner circle, pack, camp
- usage: any tightly knit group of trusted associates
All rights reserved.
See also: mafia (Dictionary)