WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lunacy, madness, insaneness, insanity
- usage: obsolete terms for legal insanity
- 2. rabies, hydrophobia, lyssa, madness, zoonosis, zoonotic disease
- usage: an acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal); rabies is fatal if the virus reaches the brain
- 3. fury, rage, madness, anger, choler, ire
- usage: a feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; "his face turned red with rage"
- 4. folly, foolishness, craziness, madness, stupidity
- usage: the quality of being rash and foolish; "trying to drive through a blizzard is the height of folly"; "adjusting to an insane society is total foolishness"
- 5. madness, rabidity, rabidness, exuberance, enthusiasm, ebullience
- usage: unrestrained excitement or enthusiasm; "poetry is a sort of divine madness"
All rights reserved.
See also: madness (Dictionary)