WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. macerate, separate
- usage: separate into constituents by soaking
- 2. macerate, soften
- usage: become soft or separate and disintegrate as a result of excessive soaking; "the tissue macerated in the water"
- 3. macerate, soften
- usage: soften, usually by steeping in liquid, and cause to disintegrate as a result; "macerate peaches"; "the gizzards macerates the food in the digestive system"
- 4. waste, emaciate, macerate, enfeeble, debilitate, drain
- usage: cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
All rights reserved.
See also: macerate (Dictionary)