- 1. lyric, words, language, text, textual matter
- usage: the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number; "his compositions always started with the lyrics"; "he wrote both words and music"; "the song uses colloquial language"
- 2. lyric, lyric poem, poem, verse form
- usage: a short poem of songlike quality
- 1. lyric, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: write lyrics for (a song)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lyric, lyrical, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: expressing deep emotion; "the dancer's lyrical performance"
- 2. lyric (vs. dramatic)
- usage: used of a singer or singing voice that is light in volume and modest in range; "a lyric soprano"
- 3. lyric
- usage: relating to or being musical drama; "the lyric stage"
- 4. lyric
- usage: of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses emotion (often in a songlike way); "lyric poetry"
All rights reserved.
See also: lyric (Dictionary)